Acne is a common skin disease that affects people of all ages. However, young boys and girls going through the puberty age are more prone to it. During puberty the sebaceous glands become active and secrete sebum which eventually blocks the skin pores causing acne.
What causes acne scars?
Acne affects 9 out of 10 persons at some point of their life. It is ugly, unsightly and embarrassing to have painful, red and large pimples on the face. The greatest mistake that one does when afflicted with acne is to pop the zits as soon as they notice them. Popping the pimples is the major reason of causing acne scars which many people fail to realize. Scrubbing the skin with harsh cleansers to treat acne is another reason that leaves scarring on the surface of the skin. A lot of people suffering from acne vulgaris excessively use over the counter medication cream containing Benzoyl Peroxide which further aggravates this skin disease. This makes the matter worse and leaves scars behind.
Acne scars are typically divided into four forms that are defined based upon the shape and look of the actual scars. The most common type of scarring is the ice pick scars that have jagged edges and deep pits with steep sides. Basically, the ice pick scars are found on cheeks and they are named so because of the shape an ice pick would leave behind. Another type of scars caused by acne is oval-shaped depressions within the skin along with sharp edges. It is known as box car scars and is commonly found on the cheek and temple area. They look like chickenpox scars and their depth may vary from person to person. When the tissue beneath the top layer of the skin is damaged then it causes rolling scars that have a wave like appearance. This scar is typically found in the cheek and forehead area. The last type of acne scars cause red bumps on the surface of the skin and is small in size. They are known as hypertrophic scars and they resemble the keloid scars which can be thickened over time.
How can I remove acne scars naturally?
To prevent breakouts of acne one can use acne medications; however, they come with their own share of side effects. Therefore, it is important to use natural treatment of acne scar removal to clear the skin naturally. If you want to naturally remove the scars off your skin and make it free from blemishes then consider using one of the following natural treatments.
1. Aloe Vera is one of the best nature’s gifts to people suffering from acne. If you are afflicted with acne scars then you should consider using aloe vera juice to treat scars caused by acne. Indeed it is a fantastic way to remove acne scars as it not only soothes the inflamed skin but it also helps to repair and regenerate damaged skin. If aloe vera juice is orally consumed then it helps to boost the immune system which helps in clearing away the scars from the surface of the skin. If this miracle plant is applied on the skin externally in gel form then it will help to heal the scars that have been left behind due to the outbreak of acne. With regular usage the swelling will decrease and new cells will grow causing scars to fade as aloe vera has mild acerbic qualities. The miraculous qualities of this plant has been greatly recognized by dermatologists and cosmeticians, so it is being used to make face cream and gels to help ward off acne from the face. One of the best things about aloe vera is that you can grow it right in your backyard, so next time you have an outbreak of acne you know where to go.
2. Another natural way to treat acne scars is to use olive oil. It is packed with multivitamins and iron. The vitamins that have been found in olive oil are vitamins A, B1, B2, C, D and E. Apart from these it also has anti-inflammation properties and anti-oxidants. They help to heal old scars and prevent the growth of new acne. Olive oil is a good acne scar treatment as it is non-comedogenic, which means that it does not clog the pores of the skin. It is also known to dissolve the oil and dirt that have been trapped within the pores thus clearing them. If you want to remove acne scars naturally then apply some oil on the surface of your skin and gently massage it in until you feel that the scars have moistened. After the oil has been completely saturated then put a warm cloth over the face to open up the pores. Repeat this process a couple of times before rinsing off with cold water.
3. You love to eat the tomatoes both cooked and raw – in your salad or pasta – but do you know tomatoes are helpful to treat acne scars too? It is very easy to use tomatoes for acne scar removal as they are a rich source of vitamin A. This vitamin helps to rejuvenate and nourish the skin, and also removes the scars from the face by helping to grow the skin grow quickly. So if you want to remove scars using tomatoes then you have to make tomato paste. Take a tomato and mash it so that pulp comes out of it. Apply the tomato paste on the face and leave on for at least an hour before rinsing off with mildly warm water.
4. Honey is known to not only fade acne scars but to also treat acne. It is best to reduce irritation and redness of the skin as it is very gentle. You can treat acne by using honey mask on your face as honey is sticky which helps to pull out dirt and grime from the face. Honey is also a natural antibiotic which means that it helps to kill the bacteria that has been living on the acne causing pain and inflammation on the skin. You can apply honey along with cinnamon powder on your face for 15 minutes and let the mixture work on the skin for a while before rinsing off with warm water.
5. Papayas are also rich in vitamin A and full of antioxidants which help to reduce inflammation on the skin while making the skin smooth and soft. Take a fresh and fully ripe papaya and mash it to turn into pulpy form. Spread it on the skin and leave on until it is dried. Next rinse it off with cool water and you will find your skin soft and supple.
Best way to lighten acne scars home remedies
Home remedies are the safest way to lighten acne scars. When you apply home remedies to remove scars, you are sure that you will not have any side effects as you would be using natural items. When you treat acne scar marks naturally then you will be amazed to see the results. There are many ways to lighten acne scars using home remedies but the best way is to use egg whites. The albumen of eggs has very powerful healing qualities that help to heal the scars left behind by acne. Constant and regular use of egg whites on skin will eventually lighten it and make it less visible. It also helps to tighten the pores to stop new formation of acne as it is full of protein and contains amino acids. If you want to lighten acne scars then beat the egg whites of 3-4 eggs in a bowl until they become white and fluffy. Apply the beaten albumen on the skin especially on the affected areas. Rinse it with lukewarm water after they are dried up. Do this a couple of times each week until you notice that have scar marks have lightened.
Best vitamins to take for acne scars
Vitamin C and vitamin E are two of the best vitamins to take for acne scars. Indeed one of the most commonly used vitamins as an ingredient in skin care products is vitamin C. This vitamin is widely used in anti-wrinkle and anti-aging creams. You can get rid of acne scars by applying face cream having age reversal benefits. This vitamin helps to fill in the scars as it is very vital to produce collagen which helps to keep the skin smooth and clear. Vitamin C is also considered as a powerful anti-oxidant that helps to protect the skin against damage causing radicals. You can get your share of vitamin C from fresh vegetables and fruits. You can also take vitamin C supplements regularly at the rate of 90 mg of vitamin C per day if you are an adult male and 75 mg of the same vitamin per day if you are an adult female. You may also consider using vitamin C cream externally on the skin.
Vitamin E is equally important to maintain the health of the skin. It also helps to protect the cell membranes of the skin from any damage from free radicals as it contains antioxidants like vitamin C. Due to its ability to protect the skin from damage vitamin E is commonly used for acne treatment. It also helps in regulating vitamin A that is important to make the skin healthy. Evidences prove that vitamin E minimizes the scars caused by acne and helps the skin to heal and recover. One can get their share of vitamin E from green and leafy vegetables. It is also possible to take them in the form of supplements. It is important to note that the daily requirement of vitamin E is 15 mg for both men and women.
What is a good cream for acne scars?
There are many good creams available on the market for removing acne scars. Three of the best creams are listed below:
One of the best scar creams available is Selevax. It is being used by many people suffering from acne and is also highly rated by medical professionals. It helps to diminish and reduce the appearance of the scars as it is composed of high quality ingredients. Out of all the top scar creams available for treating scar marks, this cream outdid the rest. The best thing about it is that it costs a little over $30 for a month of treatment.
Another great cream available for scar mark treatment is Dermefface Fx7 as it is a scientifically advanced product made with the perfect blend of 5 moisturizing ingredients and 10 antioxidants. It is claimed that this product helps to improve scars in as less as two weeks. However, for complete removal of the scars it is advised to use this skin care product for at least 6 months. People who have old scar marks find it very helpful to remove the marks with continued usage of this face cream for about a year. For six months supply of Dermefface Fx7 it costs $199.95 and for a month supply it costs $59.95.
Revitol scar cream is yet another scar treatment face product available in the market and it is the most talked about scar cream in the internet. This skin product helps to remove scars by applying the holistic approach and revives the skin by renewing the skin cells. After weeks of use many acne patients have noticed reduction in scar marks from their face. It is favored by many people as it is economical to use this cream which costs $120.95 for six months supply and $39.95 for a single jar that lasts for a month.
Laser treatment is also an effective way to get rid of acne and scars caused by it. Doctors use light therapy to reduce the swelling and redness caused by acne. Blue light and a combination of blue and red light is an effective way to treat acne by killing the bacteria. Laser therapists use laser lights to help decrease oil production by shrinking the oil-producing sebaceous glands. It is also important to note that it has some temporary side effects like redness of skin and peeling and crusting of the scarred areas. So if you want to get rid of acne scars then consider using natural treatments.